Colorado Cosmetology License Renewal
Posted on April 6, 2017 by xenon
Colorado’s cosmetology license renewal is a streamlined process that will help beauty professionals in the state keep cutting, designing and creating without missing a beat. Additionally, if your Cosmetology or Barbering license has lapsed it’s easy to get back on track and reinstate your license to return to the cutting floor quickly.
Steps to Renew Cosmetology License in Colorado
- Determine your Renewal Year
- Barber, Esthetician, Hairstylist, and Nail Technicians licenses expire on March 31 of even-numbered years.
- All Cosmetology licenses expire on April 30 of every year.
- Determine your Renewal Fee
- Barber, Esthetician, Hairstylist, and Nail Technicians licenses are $26 to renew or $41 to reinstate in the case of lapse.
- All Cosmetologist licenses are $32 to renew or $47 to reinstate.
- Renew or reinstate through the Colorado Department of Regulatory Services website
If you are ready to renew you can contact the Colorado Department of Regulatory Services here.
Of course, before you are ready to renew, you need to secure an education in cosmetology or barbering. The best way to do this is by attending a cosmetology program approved by the Colorado Office of Barber and Cosmetology Licensure. That approval will verify that the school meets Colorado’s minimum standards for a beauty education. Xenon Academy is proud to be one of these schools. If you are interested in pursuing a career in beauty, contact us for more information.
For more information, or for help updating your license, contact information, or for general cosmetology education and licensing question make sure to reach out to the Colorado Office.
Phone Number: 303-894-7800
Fax Number: 303-894-0364
E-mail Address: email@example.com